15 artists will be selected to exhibit 2 photographs in the central atrium of the world’s busiest airport: Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The Atlanta Photography Group announces they are now taking submissions for their 5th annual “Airport” exhibition. The ATL has an average of 260,000 visitors a day making this an opportunity to have your photographs seen by, literally, millions of travelers from all over the world. Juror Amy Miller, the Executive Director of Atlanta Celebrates Photography, will select 2 photographs each from 15 photographers to exhibit in the central atrium. APG will produce a catalog of the show which will be gifted to APG donors, supporters and collectors.
Amy Miller graduated with a BFA from University of Georgia an MFA in photography from Pratt - November 18th Institute. In New York, Amy worked with Alan Klotz at his eponymous photography gallery and in Atlanta as Gallery Director for Fay Gold Gallery, a position she held for seven years. She has been the Executive Director of Atlanta Celebrates Photography since 2007.
ACP is an annual city-wide festival held during the month of October with over 150 photo related exhibitions and events hosted by a diverse network of venues. ACP supports Atlanta’s emergence as an international center for photography.
How to enter
1. All entrants must be current members of APG. If you are uncertain of your membership status, contact APG at email@example.com
2. If not a member, join here
3. Pay entry fee via Paypal – see button below
4. In a Word doc or pdf, list your
- Phone number
Below that, make a numbered list that corresponds with your image files and list, for each image:
- Media (pigment print, cyanotype, C-Print etc)
Exhibition wall labels and promotional materials will be produced using the image list information so make sure you enter it as you want it to appear.
5. Prepare 2 - 8 image files as specified below
6. Email image files, contact info & image list, and optional artist statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. APG will send email confirmation upon receiving the entry and payment
JUNE 1 – JULY 10
SEPTEMBER 25 – NOVEMBER 18
2/$35 4/$50 6/$75 8/$100
All entrants must be members of the Atlanta Photography Group.
Deadline for entries: Friday July 10 Entries will be accepted up to 12 midnight
Notification of Acceptance: July 25
Delivery Deadline for Accepted Artwork: August 14
Exhibition Dates: September 25 – November 18 2015
- Up to 8 images files – saved as jpgs
- Entry fee: 2/$35 4/$50 6/$75 8/$100
- Contact information and image list (as word doc or pdf only)
- File(s) should be sized 1000 pix on the longest dimension at 72 ppi
- Saved as jpg at 100%
- Files should be named as follows: LastName_First_01.jpg The number should correspond with the number on the Image list. example: Smith_Jane_01.jpg
- Entrants will be responsible for printing the selected images as large as possible to 20” on the longest side.
- All work must be archivally printed and signed. APG reserves the right to reject any prints that do not meet these requirements.
- APG will mat and frame the selected work. Matting fee of $20 per print is required.
- Sales are 50/50 and will be promoted at the site.
- Artist agrees to have work included in the catalog.
Liability and agreement
- APG reserves the right to reject any work that differs from the work submitted.
- Any artwork not picked up from the APG Gallery within 60 days of the scheduled pickup will be considered abandoned by the artist and become the property of the Atlanta Photography Group.
- Shipped artwork must arrive in reusable boxes or tubes and include pre-paid return shipping label for return at exhibition end. Please do not use packing peanuts.
- Works will be insured while on the premises of APG however, APG cannot be responsible for damage or loss during transit.
- Atlanta Photography Group reserves complete creative control over the exhibition’s design, including selection, layout, and hanging.
- APG memberships and entry fees are non-refundable.
- Applicants warrant that the entry submission is the original work of the artist and, as such, the artist is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted work, and that the party submitting has the right to submit the work for exhibition and grant all required licenses.
- Artists maintain copyright on all of their work. By submission, artists grant APG the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and other APG programs; and for reproduction online. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from APG. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use.
- Your entry constitutes understanding and agreement with the conditions outlined in this prospectus.
Sales are encouraged. The gallery will retain 50% of the sales price.