APG is now taking submissions for our 8th annual Airport Show. Juror Amy Miller will select two photographs each from fifteen photographers to exhibit in the central atrium of the world’s busiest airport: Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL). ATL has an average of 260,000 visitors a day, making this an opportunity to have your photographs seen by literally millions of travelers from all over the world.
This exhibition will be featured in Atlanta Celebrates Photography Festival Guide and work will be for sale – artists receive 60% commission. Artists will be responsible for producing prints, and our sponsor Digital Arts Studio (DAS) will mount the prints; APG will handle the framing and installing of the artwork.
APG is pleased to offer a limited quantity of need-based Scholarships for either/or membership and entry fees. Click HERE for more details.
Juror: Amy Miller
Amy Miller holds a BFA from University of Georgia and an MFA in photography from Pratt Institute. Miller worked at the Alan Klotz Gallery in New York and was the Gallery Director for Fay Gold Gallery in Atlanta. She became Executive Director of Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP) in 2007. Miller has been a reviewer for many national portfolio review events, served as juror for numerous art and photography competitions, and curated numerous exhibitions, including an exhibition for a photography festival in China.
- Deadline for Entries: Thursday, July 12, (entries will be accepted up to midnight)
- Notification of Acceptance: Friday, July 27
- Delivery deadline to upload image files of accepted works: August 7
- Exhibition Dates: September 7 – October 31, 2018
- You are responsible for coordinating the printing of images through DAS
- DAS offers Airport artists 25% discount, and they can select their paper of choice
- DAS will donate 100% of mounting
- APG will handle framing and delivery of the selected work.
First: Purchase Entry Fee
Second: Prepare Text File and Images
Juror Amy Miller will be selecting images that work as a pair, so keep that in mind as you choose work to submit.
- Export images as .jpg. Resize to maximum 2048 px on the longest side.
- Rename files to the title of the work exactly as you wish it to appear (Example: My Great Photo.jpg) Your name will be automatically prepended to each file upon upload.
- Create a text file with your Name, Artist Statement (500 words max), Bio (250 words max) and Title List that includes Creation Year and Medium. Upload this file along with your images. We suggest you download the example file on this page to use as a starting point.
- Once you have paid the entry fee and uploaded your files, you will receive a confirmation email.