As a part of our participation in Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP), all members of APG are invited to submit entries for this juried exhibition at the award-winning Mack Scogin Merrill Elam-designed Buckhead Library. The 20,000 sq. ft. building can host a broad range of sizes and types of photographic art. Juror Michael James O'Brien will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for cash prizes. Sales have been made from this exhibition in past years and will be encouraged again this year.
APG offers need-based Scholarships for all of our exhibitions that will cover the submission entry fee. Don’t let a lack of funds prevent you from sharing your vision with the world. Be a part of the photography community and show your work today. Click HERE for more details.
Juror: Michael James O’Brien
Michael James O’Brien is the Associate Chair of Photography at Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in Atlanta. O’Brien earned a BA from Kenyon College, and a BFA and MFA from Yale University. While at Yale, he studied with Walker Evans. His work has been published in The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, GQ US, GQ UK, The New York Times Magazine, Vogue UK, Interview, and many others. His commercial commissions include Polo Ralph Lauren, Saks Fifth Avenue, Longchamps, Thierry Mugler, Bergdorf Goodman and more. O’Brien worked with Matthew Barney on Cremaster 1, 2, 4 and 5, resulting in photographs that have been shown throughout the world. His work is in the permanent collections of the National Portrait Gallery, London; the Cleveland Museum of Art, Ohio; and Joyce Holdings, Beijing.
- This show is open to all members of APG and to all photographic media. If you are not a member of APG, you can join here.
- APG is pleased to offer a limited quantity of need-based Scholarships for either/or membership and entry fees. Click here for more details and to fill out the application form.
- All works are eligible, except those that have been shown previously in any show at the Buckhead Library.
- Works must be framed using black or white frames with white, off-white, or black mats, and glass or plexiglass. Prints on canvas or metal can be hung if they are properly wired and are capable of being securely and squarely hung. Other framing requires the advanced approval of APG.
Deadline For Entries: July 22, Midnight
Notification of Accepted Work: Wednesday, August 8
Delivery of Work: August 25 or 27, 10am - 6pm
Show Dates: Aug 29 – Oct 29, 2018
Reception / Awards Ceremony & Juror Talk: Saturday, Sept 15, 3 - 5pm
Pick-Up: Works must be picked up October 30, 10am - 6pm.
For further information on show qualifications, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
First: Purchase Entry Fee
- The Check-Out Cart will appear in top right corner of site ^
Second: Prepare Text File and Images
- Export 1 - 3 images as jpg, max 2048 pixels on the longest side.
- Rename image files to the title of the work exactly as you wish it to appear (Example: My Great Photo.jpg). Your name will be automatically prepended to each file upon upload.
- Create a simple Text File with your name, email, phone, Artist Statement (500 words max), and Title List that includes creation year, medium, estimated framed size (height x width), price (or NFS if not for sale), and save as a Word Doc or PDF. Upload this file along with your images. We suggest you download the example text file below to use as a starting point.
- Once you have paid the entry fee and uploaded your files, you will receive a confirmation email.