This workshop is designed to take a photographer from an introductory exposure to Lightroom Classic CC up to an intermediate-to-advanced level in the Develop module, via multiple image editing exercises. Participants will learn how to unlock the vast trove of image data contained in raw format photo files to create powerful and compelling photographic fine art images.
Topics covered and skills developed
- Highlights recovery
- How to achieve proper white balance
- How to set a proper black point and white point
- Tonal and contrast adjustments
- Using the hue, saturation and luminance sliders
- Adjustment brush for local image editing
- Healing and cloning capability
- Sharpening and noise reduction
- Correcting lens distortions
- Photomerge and HDR Merge capabilities
- And more
Workshop Date: Sunday, August 19
Time: 10:00am-4:00pm (with lunch break included)
Entry Fee: $100 (Non-members: $125)
Workshop participants are required to bring a laptop computer (PC or Mac) with Lightroom Classic CC software installed to participate in the hands-on exercises during the workshop. If you do not have Lightroom Classic CC (also known as Lightroom 7), you will be able to follow along during the majority of the workshop with an installed copy of Lightroom 6.
Workshop instructor Chet Burgess began working with digital technology to create fine art photographic prints more than seven years ago. He has taught the Develop Module for three years and continually updates his training in Lightroom. His work has been shown nationally and can be viewed on his website.
APG will refund tuition fee if the cancellation is made up to one week before the workshop date.